治疗 for COVID-19 are now widely available. If you test positive and are an older adult or someone who is at 高的风险 of getting very sick from COVID-19, treatment may be available. Contact a healthcare provider right away after a positive test to determine if you are eligible, even if your symptoms are mild right now.
Talk to a healthcare professional about treatment options before taking medicine. 人们一直在 seriously harmed and even died after taking products not approved for COVID-19, even products approved or prescribed for other uses.
There are now locations where you can get tested and, if you test positive for COVID-19, you may also be eligible to receive treatment. If you test positive at a different location or with an at-home test, you can also go to these Test-to-Treat locations to receive a prescription from a qualified health care provider and treatment on the spot if eligible. Some Test-to-Treat sites also have telehealth options available.
Manage your COVID-19 Symptoms at 首页
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow these steps to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community.
Clinical trials help researchers find better vaccines and medicines for COVID-19. Choosing to 参加临床试验 is a personal decision. Talk with your doctor about participating in a clinical trial.
- 学习如何做到 参加临床试验 帮助抗击COVID-19.
Out-of-Hospital Treatment Options for COVID-19
Hospital 治疗 for COVID-19
There are 治疗 for hospitalized patients with severe cases of COVID-19 that have been approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- 瑞德西韦 is an antiviral drug approved by the FDA for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized adults and hospitalized pediatric patients at least 12 years of age. It works by stopping SARS-CoV-2 from spreading in the body.
- FDA已经授权 additional 治疗 for emergency use.
- Healthcare providers and scientists are investigating other drugs and 治疗 that may slow or reduce the virus’ growth and spread in the body, as well as to enhance breathing, provide disease-fighting antibodies, and help with other symptoms.
COVID-19 Treatment Resources for Healthcare Providers
Ensuring the Safety and Effectiveness of 治疗
后 突发公共卫生事件 was declared for the COVID-19 pandemic, it was determined that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) could authorize the emergency use of tests, 治疗, and vaccines to reduce suffering, loss of life and restore the health and security of our country.
- 美国食品和药物管理局已 approved the use of one anitviral drug Veklury (remdesivir) 治疗COVID-19.
- 美国食品和药物管理局已 also issued emergency use authorizations (EUAs) to allow healthcare providers to use products that are not yet approved, or that are approved for other uses, to treat patients with COVID-19 if certain legal requirements are met. Learn more about these treatment options.
- NIH is leading and supporting research on safe and effective 治疗 抗击COVID-19.
Do you know the difference between FDA 批准 and authorization?
An 批准 of a new drug requires substantial scientific evidence of the effectiveness of the product and a demonstration of safety for the drug’s intended use(s). 确定 emergency use authorization (EUA), the FDA evaluates the totality of available scientific evidence and carefully balances any known or potential risks with any known or potential benefits of the product for use during an emergency.